For long, SUVs have been considered as a vehicle with high fuel cost and unrefined handling. But, take a look at the models of today; there has been a significant evolution in this category of cars. Most new SUVs deliver smooth running and boast of high fuel efficiency.
SUVs are the most versatile and purposeful vehicles that not only fulfill the traveling needs of people, but also aid in transporting cargo. Luckily, now you don’t have to compromise on fuel economy to get that additional space and benefit. Some SUVs are even giving tough competition to sedans in terms of being fuel efficient. We have compiled a list of 5 most fuel efficient SUVs 2014.
- Lexus RX 450h: This hybrid model offers a combined fuel economy of 30 mpg, ranking as one of the topmost fuel friendly cars. The RX 450h model is equipped with a 3.5 liter hybrid V6 engine good for 295 horsepower. Offering a set of standard features including automatic headlights, dual-zone automatic temperature control, Bluetooth, power-rear lift gate, and more, Lexus RX ranks at the top of this list.
- Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid: The 2014 model of this car is more like an Impreza hatchback stretching the concept of crossover. Characterized with extra rough road handling and off-road styling, this standard all wheel drive car has all those capabilities that traditional SUVs offer. With its new hybrid model, the Crosstrek promises much more. The car earned a combined fuel economy rating of 31 mpg city/highway, keeping ahead of all other models in this class.
- Nissan Juke: Famous for its distinct styling in the interiors as well as exterior, it grabs all eyes when on the road. The oddly positioned headlights, huge wheels, and unique lines make it look like a road monster. But, you should buy this vehicle not because of its looks alone but also for its fuel efficiency. This small crossover delivers 29 mph combined rating.
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid: The reigning model since 2008 came up with its all new 2014 model with a splendid come-back. Toyota Highlander Hybrid brags its updated features and new styling. The specialties of Highlander have been retained in the 2014 model to keep the customers coming back. Features like all-weather compatibility, third-row seat, and obviously the excellent gas mileage for which its 280 horsepower hybrid V6 engine is responsible have made Highlander one of the topmost priority SUVs for many. The model returns a combined fuel rating of 28 mpg.
- BMW X1: BMW has positioned this model as sports activity car. If your interest lies in a luxurious and small crossover, then BMW X1 must be one option in your list. Especially if your major criterion of selection is fuel efficiency then this is a safe model to place your bet on as it has received 28mpg combined rating for highway and city.
The above list is compiled considering many factors, including features, style, price, and of course fuel economy.